The Wall Street Wizards has developed a specialized curriculum to provide a concurrent program for parents. The parents program is held at the same time as the WSW student program.
Parents engage in a series of monthly interactive classes that focus on practical strategies and tools for developing a long-term family financial plan and improving personal and family financial acumen. Homework assignments are provided to put learned concepts to practical use and each parent is responsible for developing their own personal financial plan by the last class session.
Consistent with the objectives of the student program, the key components of the parent program include the following:
- Providing parents with concepts and tools to build financial independence
- Helping parents become role models for their children, family and friends
- Providing tools and building the confidence to develop personal and family financial plans and use financial tools
- Introducing budgeting, expense management, and savings strategies
- Planning for retirement
- Planning for college expenses
- Introducing basic and advanced concepts for money management and building a diversified investment portfolio.
- Present ting basic risk management strategies for investments and protection of other assets.