The Level One survey course exposes first year students to the fundamentals of basic money management, finance, and investment.
Topics covered in the Level One Program include:
- Basic Banking
- Introduction to Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, and ETF’s
By the conclusion of the program year, Level One students demonstrate the ability to:
- Define and apply basic terminology related to money management, economics, and investment.
- Distinguish between the various financial products and services used to manage investments.
- Articulate what it means to buy and own a stock
- Identify and explain the purpose of the income statement, the balance sheet, and the statement of cash flow.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to develop a stock portfolio.